Probationary Member

Default Does anyone know of good read alouds for teaching making judgments in 3rd grade?

I am a second year third grade teacher and am looking for read alouds that are good for teaching making judgments and the scientific method. Any suggestions would be helpful.

I'm not a science teacher, but I remember the Magic School Bus books having to do with science a few times (the human body etc.), so those may have something in there. Just a warning, those books have a lot going on at once and some parts may be distracting.

Senior Member Blosics 2 Champion irish223's Avatar

I'm not exactly sure what you mean, but here are some suggestions for what I THINK you mean.

"Molly's Pilgrim" is a good book to teach kids about misjudging people. "The Magic Finger" addresses that as well. "The Elevator Family" is a funny chapter book, but you can use it to teach tolerance of differences. I know I can come up with more, I'll just have to think on it!

Janice Van Cleave has many books about science, but I don't think any of them are read alouds. Gail Gibbons has fantastic read alouds about several science topics, though I don't believe any of them deal with the scientific method.

Hope it helps!

i remember the Magic School Bus books. I really liked them, but i think I liked the T.V. shows more. I think it was the visualization thing...