Default Accelerated Reader...

I have a question...

What are some of the slogans used when "your" Students reach their AR Goal?

Obviously..."I made my AR goal" but when they reach their goal for the 6 weeks or 9 week period...do you have any specific slogan that your school uses?

Thanks,

J.J.

When you say slogans, are you looking for something to put on a certificate or ribbon?

I don't recall that my daughter's school uses any slogans, but I have seen various schools handle AR differently. At her current school, they don't set quarterly goals, just an ultimate goal for the year's end. Each grade level has a point scale and it is broken into ten even point goals. At each goal level, they earn a prize. They are awarded the prizes (or certificates entitling them to participate in a school-wide prize event like a magic show or ice cream sundae party) each quarter. The top prize is a t-shirt and participation in the year-end AR party. Then the top three students in each grade get special recognition/trophies at the event. For every point they earned above the top goal, they got credit to spend at a special AR store for all sorts of toys and trinkets. I got a printed report of her progress with each quarterly report card showing the tests taken and the scores. This system has been successful at her school and is a big deal for the kids.

Her last school, they took tests all year, we had no idea what her status was and the top three in each grade had a special party together - everyone else got a bumper sticker. At that school, I never even knew what the point values were on the books. AR was not a focus there.
    CJ
    Don't live in chaos, FLY

Krafty,

Thanks for your reply...

Most Schools I have Talked with use phrase's to recognize their students:

"AR STAR"
    "I Made my AR Goal!"
    "Readers are Leaders"

And give them stickers, pencils, bracelets, or T-shirts...for prizes...(amongst other items)

Just wanting to get an idea of what slogans others might use on the prizes they reward their students with!

Thanks again,

J.J.

If anyone else has any ideas that would be great!

Why don't you think of a theme for your room and then incorporate it into the AR goal? For instance, if you have "stars" as your theme, you could use something like, "I'm a STAR! I reached my AR goal!" You could make a BB encouraging them to "Reach for the Stars... READ!!" Or, you could
    ~*Robin*~
    5th grade teacher

I don't use slogans but I use levels. Last year I had a Frog bulletin board with lilly pads at 10,25, 50, 75, 100, 125 and 150 points. Their frogs would jump to the lilly pads. I have also used race tracks and planets.