Page 251 of 259 FirstFirst ... 151201241249250251252253 ... LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,510 of 2589
    Probationary Member

Hello everyone,

My name is Brandon and I'm a struggling student teacher. I was recently dismissed from my single subject credential program, so I can further develop my professional skills as a teacher. My background (undergrad education) is in Anthropology, but I want to teach English. A contingency of my program reentry is to enhance my literary background. Apparently Foucault, Marx, or Durkheim, isn't the most appropriate literature (if you call it that) for middle school audiences. So I'm hoping to have some literary discussion so that I can better develop my English literary background. Thanks for having me :-)

Probationary Member

Hi. My name is Jessica and I am a senior at Freed-Hardeman University. My major is elementary education K-6 and will be student teaching in August. I am in my strategies classes and classroom management class right now. It is super busy where I have to stay ahead of the game but I enjoy it. I have a practicum in 4th grade math and science. My first day in there is today and I am a little nervous because I have been used to the younger ones, never the older ones. I hear that its easier and not so expensive, but I will see if this is true. Right now I am at that point where I will be faced with seeing if I like younger or older ones better. What ever grade I like I am still going to put my heart and soul out there to hopefully change a child's life. I am looking forward to getting my own classroom and learning from my experiences while making memories.

Hey everyone! I'm still around even though I've not been on the forum lately

Glad to have you back SiobhanMarie!

Thanks Miss! Very excited to get a little motivation and even a giggle here on the forum

Yes, it is a great place for that StarTeacher. Browse through the various board and comment where you want!

Welcome to the boards

Probationary Member

Red face Pleased to meet you....

Hi I am a dually certified Birth thru 2nd grade teacher on Long Island, New York. I happened upon this site when I was writing an essay for an employment application for NYC. I immediately joined. I currently work as a TA in a public school and as a teacher for children with special needs. I would love to have 1 full time job and have a class of my very own. Thank you for your great site I have already found so many resources.

Probationary Member

Default Hi I'm Michael

Hi, I'm Michael. I'm from Santa Barbara, CA. My background is in teaching and administering ESL. I'm here to glean insight from my peers so I can embrace best practices in teaching for the sake of my students! Thank you for creating a healthy, helpful marketplace of ideas!

Probationary Member

Hi! I'm a brand new member as of this morning. I'm a 20 year old undergrad early childhood education student and am currently student teaching for the semester at a preschool. I spend plenty of time generally searching online for experience ideas and effective ways of positively interacting with children, and decided to find a forum where I might be able to collaborate with other teachers and maybe share some ideas.
    When I'm not student teaching or being a student myself, I babysit regularly for two boys, 5 and 3. I enjoy photography, reading, smashbooking (...love, smashbooking...), and checking off "To-Do" lists.
    I'd love to hear from any of you!

Probationary Member

Hi, my name is Putri, female, I'm from Indonesia. I took an education program for primary school, I'm on 2nd semester now. I found myself so hard writing in English so I googled up "teacher forum" and here I am
    I just want to discuss about the way or tips and tricks teaching on primary school, and improve my English writing, since I've never ever been took an English course and my goal is to be a good teacher in an international school
    Sometimes, I lol'd myself so hard why did I took an education course, because some years ago, I really want to be an architect, or a rock star (since I played guitar quite good LOL), but my brother once said to me that I must be a teacher someday, teaching is not a bad idea, and bla bla bla so then I did what my brother said to me, and I really enjoy it, very much
    Please help me improve my English skill here, if there's something or some words I misspelled, please correct it