aliyez

Default How can I make my class more dynamic?

Hello,

Have you ever experienced any situations that your students:
    *are quiet most of the time
    *do not participate the class activities
    *do not want to answer your questions ???

My students are 12-15 years old, intermediate level and learning English as a foreign language.

***How can I make them participate in class more?
    ***How can I make my class more dynamic?
    ***What kind of questions are more effective?
    ***How can I encourage my students?

I would be very glad if you share your experiences with me.
    Thank you as advance.

Best wishes,
    Aliye

tinshee

I'm taking a class right now that uses strategies to make kids more confident about participating. Examples:

-Think pair share (kids think about the answer, share with a partner, and then you choose a child to share with the class)

-Get one give one (kids have a chart with nine blank squares. They fill in 3 and then go around and get answers from the rest of the class to fill in the other nine. Then the class discusses what they have)

-calling sticks (kids names on popsicle sticks. You choose the sticks to determine who answers- this only works well if the kids are sure to know the answers, so it can be used with other activities like the two above)

I have a whole notebook with ideas like this if you think they would be helpful and you want to email me tinshee@hotmail.com.

[This message has been edited by tinshee (edited 02-17-2002).]

Margaret

<font face="Verdana, Helvetica" size="2">Originally posted by tinshee:
    I'm taking a class right now that uses strategies to make kids more confident about participating. Examples:

-Think pair share (kids think about the answer, share with a partner, and then you choose a child to share with the class)

-Get one give one (kids have a chart with nine blank squares. They fill in 3 and then go around and get answers from the rest of the class to fill in the other nine. Then the class discusses what they have)

-calling sticks (kids names on popsicle sticks. You choose the sticks to determine who answers- this only works well if the kids are sure to know the answers, so it can be used with other activities like the two above)

I have a whole notebook with ideas like this if you think they would be helpful and you want to email me tinshee@hotmail.com.

[This message has been edited by tinshee (edited 02-17-2002).]
    </font>
    TRY THIS:

www.teachertrain.net They offer great courses (Very inexpensive) with outrageous ideas.