Probationary Member

Default Ipad or Android?

I am just out of college and I am looking to incorporate a tablet into my daily lessons. My school has smartboards, projects, computers and wifi within all of my classrooms. My goal is to buy a tablet that will allow me to write on it and the information to be sent to the screen preferably without any wires attached. Any suggestions on which tablet would be best for this? I know the Ipad is more popular and has more apps but does that mean it is better then the android tablets? Also what apps or hardware would help me accomplish this?

Probationary Member

I can see you left this post some time ago, but I would always go for the iPad. The number of Apps now available to use on the iPad is mind-blowing. Hope you made the right choice!

Probationary Member

I recommend the "new" iPad. The screen resolution is superior to other tablets, the battery life is excellent, very smooth and easy to use, has lots of apps (more than Andriod, and many apps are free), and is very secure (as long as you get apps through the apple store).

Probationary Member

iPad is the preferable choice as it can provide you a wide range of apps that can serve your purpose with an ease.

Probationary Member

I also go for ipad. For me, it was the best choice.

Probationary Member

IPad is good enough, but if you are looking for some cheaper devices you can try Nexus 7. It's very good too

I like apple's devices. They're often easier to use, and more fool-proof, even given very smart fools. But android tablets, like the Nexus 7 are a lot cheaper, and for most apps you'll find in the IOS app store, there's an equivalent on the Google Play store. The number of aps in both stores has grown so large, that it shouldn't influence your decision too much.

Also good to know: both Android and IOS provide settings for parental control.

I will go with iPad as it is much more advanced and it provides you different and good features. I agree with bigblind that Nexus 7 is cheaper and you can find IOS app store which is equivalent to Google Play store and I think you made your decision by choosing one from iPad and android.

Probationary Member

I love using my iPad! I recommend using it for behavior management apps and brain breaks, as well as flipping your classroom!