Probationary Member

Default tips for new teachers

As a new SpEd teacher, can you give me some tips on what reinforcers should I give to grade 1 students? They do not want candies and stars anymore. Thank you!

Probationary Member

I think you need to try giving them more free time and free play. Those will encourage them to participate in your activities. I hope this will help

ask them...you would be amazed at the insight...and the answers!

Probationary Member

I like the previous post! They often really can tell you what the obstacle is and even a solution!
    Another thing I heard at an ADHD seminar, was learn to accept them for who they are. That has helped me as i work with kids who are dyslexic, autistic, who have ADHD, etc. Each one of them has their own virtues and strengths, and it's important to get to know what they like and what they are good at, so that side of them can be nurtured while they work on areas of improvement. This really helps self-esteem, (which as we know, can be a major issue leading to behavioral problems.)

Probationary Member

Good day to all teachers! I'm new on this board. It's myIm emz from Philippines. It is my first time to handle preschool students. I just want to ask what are the strategies to be more effective preschool teacher?Thank you...

Probationary Member

Default Hello

Make sure you are showing patience and know each student on an individual personal functional basis.

Quote Originally Posted by raymundlouis View Post
    As a new SpEd teacher, can you give me some tips on what reinforcers should I give to grade 1 students? They do not want candies and stars anymore. Thank you!
    try and give them a new activity that is fun so that they will be occupied and not be hyperactive...

As a new teacher and educating little ones make sure that you are showing patience and know each student on an individual personal basis. Remember that you will stand as a second parent of your student and set as a good example to them.

Hi
    tnx so much everyone!!all of ur ideas come really handy
    I'm gonna be an English teacher soon
    can anybody help me with finding interesting amazing practices related to my field,teaching a foreign language ?
    learning and being amused both!
    my students are adults at 14 and up.

I really appreciate it :-)