Probationary Member

Exclamation How to keep an ADHD child's attention?

Children with ADHD are easily distracted and tend to get bored easily. Can you give me some tips in keeping the attention of an ADHD child?

Use close proximity, tap their desk. Stay in contact with their parent. What have you been taught?

Probationary Member

Sign your child up for a sport, art class, or music. At home, organize simple activities that fill up your child’s time. These can be tasks like helping you cook, playing a board game with a sibling, or drawing a picture

Probationary Member

Support the child's interest, in this way you can always get his/her attention.

Probationary Member

Quote Originally Posted by kdp View Post
    Children with ADHD are easily distracted and tend to get bored easily. Can you give me some tips in keeping the attention of an ADHD child?
    You can use his favorite things/cartoons to integrate in your lessons to keep his attention. By the way what type of ADHD are your referring to?

Probationary Member

Quote Originally Posted by hweber View Post
    Use close proximity, tap their desk. Stay in contact with their parent. What have you been taught?
    do you mean literally tapping their desk?

I use "break breaks" to get them up (such as doing 10 jacks ) -- then get back to work. It allows them to get energy out and re-focus.