Probationary Member

Question K-12 Curriculum in the Philippines

The implementation of K-12 Curriculum is now a hot issue in the Philippines. There are Pro's and Con's here. The Pro's says that K-12 will further improve the quality of education in the Philippines while the Con's says that there are lots of things to be considered first before these K-12 implementation. With the current Economic status of the Philippines, it will really be hard for the government to gather sufficient funds to implement K-12 Curriculum. In fact, many parents reacted negatively to this because they know that the implementation of K-12 curriculum would mean additional years to the schooling of their children and additional expenses.

Should K-12 Curriculum really be implemented or not? What is your opinion about this issue?

Probationary Member

I guess it should be implemented. Because the goal of K-12 Curriculum is to make the quality of education in every country better.

By K-12 do you mean implementing kindergarten? I don't see how it could hurt, but like you mentioned government ministries in the Philippines don't operate on very big budgets. It sounds like it's more a questions for the Filipino taxpayer.

Probationary Member

Hi there Yeonggo Saem.

What I mean here is that additional two years in highschool will be implemented.
    I think the one who should really act on these matters is the government itself.
    I really appreciate your opinion about the K-12 Curriculum implementation. Thank you!

Probationary Member

i just want to ask this question, hope you will answer..what will happen to students who didn't undergo the senior high school in k to 12, students who graduated in the old curriculum in ched the not k to 12 curriculum, what will happen to them in college say they will study another course after graduating a course for example BSA then they will study again BSIT.what will happen to them if by that time they will enter another course their course (BSIT for ex.) will be 3 years only which means that only the major subjects will be study because the minor subjects are studied in the senior high school.what if they didn't undergo the k to 12 program,will they be admitted to college quickly or they will first take the senior high school subjets which are pre-requisite to college?

Probationary Member

im talking about k to 12 in the philippines