Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default DAD. I mean SIR!

Is there anything funnier in the classroom than when a student calls you 'Dad' or 'Mum' instead of Sir or Miss?!!

Senior Member Jade Monkey Champion MsCoffeeLover's Avatar

When you ask a question to the class, and the answer is surprise flatulence. Farts are just plain funny.

Although, when a kid calls you mom or dad, that is pretty funny too. People have been called worse.

It's been a long time since I've taught kids so young they made that mistake, but when they're EFL pupils and they do it in their native language it sounds even stranger.

Even the kids think it is funny when someone calls you mum or dad. I think it is nice.

Its not just the young ones. I've had 15 year old lads call me dad before! He didn't hear the end of it for weeks!

Probationary Member

I had a young boy call me "mommy" in front of his mom. She quickly corrected him and glared at me! LOL

Probationary Member

I teach Prep and get it all the time the kids that do it usually have a laugh at themselves as well.

I have had a few students in my resource room call me mom, and done it repeatedly. This has been intentional. For some, it can be an accident, but for a few of mine, I think it has been intentional as they get the consistency they long for and certain expectations. All want to know they are loved and matter. It is too bad that some have to come to school to get that. One told me that if I was his mom, I'd make him clean his room and yell at him.

Hehe, it certainly is a funny association!
    "When the sun rises, it rises for everyone"

Probationary Member

I teach 4 and 5 year olds.. I love it when they call me mom because I think it means they know they are loved at school too!